[unixODBC-support] odbcinst failing

Davies Matt J A (LCSS) mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 13:11:50 BST 2011

I'm putting together some install instructions for a third party driver on
    ubuntu, super fresh install of ubuntu 10
    I'm installing unixodbc in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit ubuntu from the
source
    code with
    CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32 CXXFLAGS=-m32 ./configure
    Odbcinst is now erring
    odbcinst -j
    unixODBC 2.3.0
    odbcinst: symbol lookup error: odbcinst: undefined symbol:
    odbcinst_system_file_name
    I believe I need the unixodbc-dev source code as well, installed as 32
bit

    Can anyone confirm that's what I need to do?
    Also, can anyone tell me where I can get the source code from?

I searched for the package on ubuntu packages but the page is blank

http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/unixodbc-dev

:-(