[unixODBC-support] Build Support for 64-bit unixODBC 2.3.0 on AIX

David Ritter David.Ritter at roguewave.com
Tue Jul 26 15:44:14 BST 2011

Hello,

I am attempting to build unixODBC 2.3.0 64-bit binaries on AIX 6.1.  I am seeing the following linker error and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it and could suggest a workaround or fix:

libtool: link: xlC_r -Wl,-bM:SRE -o .libs/libodbcinst.so.1  .libs/ODBCINSTConstructProperties.o .libs/ODBCINSTDestructProperties.o .libs/ODBCINSTSetProperty.o .libs/ODBCINSTValidateProperties.o .libs/ODBCINSTValidateProperty.o .libs/SQLConfigDataSource.o .libs/SQLConfigDriver.o .libs/SQLCreateDataSource.o .libs/SQLGetAvailableDrivers.o .libs/SQLGetConfigMode.o .libs/SQLGetInstalledDrivers.o .libs/SQLGetPrivateProfileString.o .libs/SQLGetTranslator.o .libs/SQLInstallDriverEx.o .libs/SQLInstallDriverManager.o .libs/SQLInstallTranslatorEx.o .libs/SQLInstallerError.o .libs/SQLManageDataSources.o .libs/SQLPostInstallerError.o .libs/SQLReadFileDSN.o .libs/SQLRemoveDSNFromIni.o .libs/SQLRemoveDriver.o .libs/SQLRemoveDriverManager.o .libs/SQLRemoveTranslator.o .libs/SQLSetConfigMode.o .libs/SQLValidDSN.o .libs/SQLWriteDSNToIni.o .libs/SQLWriteFileDSN.o .libs/SQLWritePrivateProfileString.o .libs/SQLInstallODBC.o .libs/_logging.o .libs/_odbcinst_ConfigModeINI.o .libs/_odbcinst_UserINI.o .libs/_odbcinst_SystemINI.o .libs/_odbcinst_GetSections.o .libs/_odbcinst_GetEntries.o .libs/_SQLGetInstalledDrivers.o .libs/_SQLWriteInstalledDrivers.o .libs/_SQLDriverConnectPrompt.o   ../ini/.libs/libinilc.a ../log/.libs/libloglc.a ../lst/.libs/liblstlc.a ../libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.a  -lpthread -lc -Wl,-bnoentry  -q64   -Wl,-bE:./odbcinst.exp -Wl,-bernotok
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: lt_libltdlc_LTX_preloaded_symbols

Clearly there is some symbol that the linker wants that is not being provided by libltdl, but as far as I can see it is defined in the libldtl headers.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave