[unixODBC-support] unixODBC can't find Oracle 11 ODBC Driver file, even though it exists (Solaris 10 x86 )

Jeff Martin JMartin at telecomsys.com
Tue Jul 26 02:10:09 BST 2011

Nick,

Dang,  I should have thought of ldd.  Yes, ldd shows that
libsqora.so.11.1 needs libclntsh.so.11.1, which is also part of the
Oracle "instant client" package.  I forgot to update my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to include the dir that has all the .so.  With my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
updated, unixODBC successfully loads the driver, and connects.

Thanks for the quick response.

-- Jeff