[unixODBC-support] Stored procedure messages returned in reverse cron order from DBD::ODBC mssql/EasySoft

Martin J. Evans bohica at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 21 17:41:08 BST 2011

On 20/07/2011 19:11, eric.berg at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> I have an odbc_err_handler set to a very simple subroutine that strips
> off the Vendor and driver info and the just prints it to the console. It
> looks like this:
>
> $msg =~ s/\[Easysoft\]\[SQL Server Driver 10.0\]\[SQL Server\]//;
>
> warn $msg . "\n";
>
> return 1;
>
> we also use this command all over our sprocs:
>
> RAISERROR(@message, 0, 1) WITH NOWAIT
>
> Which generates “error” messages that hit this odbc_err_handler.
>
> The problem is that for MSSQL (DBD::ODBC/Easysoft), we are receiving the
> output of this command in reverse cron order after the sproc completes.
>
> Anyone run into this problem?
>
> Eric

Sorry Eric, but I've only just seen your post.

Are you suggesting that if you call RAISERROR('one') then
RAISERROR('two') the odbc_err_handler sees two before one.

If so I'm not aware of this problem.

Perhaps you could knock up a small self-contained example and I'll take
a look at it.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans