[unixODBC-support] Stored procedure messages returned in reverse cron order from DBD::ODBC mssql/EasySoft

eric.berg at barclayscapital.com eric.berg at barclayscapital.com
Wed Jul 20 19:11:02 BST 2011

I have an odbc_err_handler set to a very simple subroutine that strips off the Vendor and driver info and the just prints it to the console.  It looks like this:

    $msg =~ s/\[Easysoft\]\[SQL Server Driver 10.0\]\[SQL Server\]//;
    warn $msg . "\n";
    return 1;

we also use this command all over our sprocs:

RAISERROR(@message, 0, 1) WITH NOWAIT

Which generates "error" messages that hit this odbc_err_handler.

The problem is that for MSSQL (DBD::ODBC/Easysoft), we are receiving the output of this command in reverse cron order after the sproc completes.

Anyone run into this problem?

Eric

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.