[unixODBC-support] RE : 32 bitness on a 64 bit os

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Jul 18 18:34:51 BST 2011

When you install the unixodbc-bin and odbcinst packages from the ubuntu
repositories you'll have also ODBCConfig which is a graphical interface that
makes specifying and using 32 and 64 bit drivers easy. The packages contain
64 and 32 bit versions of libodbc.so and libodbcinst.so

Ludo

unixODBC-2.3.
0.tar.gz/download

The 3rd party driver I've been given is a 32 bit driver

file /usr/lib/libksodbc.so.1
/usr/lib/libksodbc.so.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

How do I configure the install so that odbc installs as 32 bit?

I've got the driver to work with Ubuntu 32 bit, and installing odbc with
aptitude, which I'm guessing installed odbc as 32 bit.

Any help, greatly appreciated.