[unixODBC-support] 32 bitness on a 64 bit os

Davies Matt J A (LCSS) mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 15:23:51 BST 2011

Hello there

Here's my system output, it's Ubuntu 10.

uname -m = x86_64
uname -r = 2.6.32-32-server
uname -s = Linux
uname -v = #62-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 20 22:07:43 UTC 2011

I've downloaded the latest odbc source from here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/unixodbc/files/unixODBC/2.3.0/unixODBC-2.3.
0.tar.gz/download

The 3rd party driver I've been given is a 32 bit driver

file /usr/lib/libksodbc.so.1
/usr/lib/libksodbc.so.1: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

How do I configure the install so that odbc installs as 32 bit?

I've got the driver to work with Ubuntu 32 bit, and installing odbc with
aptitude, which I'm guessing installed odbc as 32 bit.

Any help, greatly appreciated.