[unixODBC-support] Connection woes

sahayam packiaraj sahayam1975 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 02:38:25 BST 2011

Hi Nick,

Thanks.

Pasting the output while executing the configure.

checking for a BSD-compatible install... libltdl/config/install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... libltdl/config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gawk... (cached) awk
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
checking for flex... no
checking for lex... lex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -ll
checking whether yytext is a pointer... no
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/sem.h usability... yes
checking sys/sem.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sem.h... yes
checking build system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11
checking host system type... hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for fgrep... /usr/bin/grep -F
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/ccs/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) is GNU ld... no
checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -p
checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -p) interface... BSD nm
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1536000
checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
checking whether the shell understands "+="... no
checking for /usr/ccs/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for objdump... objdump
checking how to recognize dependent libraries... file_magic
(s[0-9][0-9][0-9]|PA-RISC[0-9].[0-9]) shared library
checking for ar... ar
checking for strip... strip
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -p output from gcc object... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) supports shared libraries...
yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... hpux11.11 dld.sl
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... relink
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... no
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking which extension is used for runtime loadable modules... .sl
checking which variable specifies run-time module search path... SHLIB_PATH
checking for the default library search path... /lib /usr/lib
checking for library containing dlopen... none required
checking for dlerror... yes
checking for shl_load... yes
checking for dld_link in -ldld... no
checking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... no
checking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... yes
checking for argz.h... no
checking for error_t... no
checking for argz_add... no
checking for argz_append... no
checking for argz_count... no
checking for argz_create_sep... no
checking for argz_insert... no
checking for argz_next... no
checking for argz_stringify... no
checking whether libtool supports -dlopen/-dlpreopen... yes
checking for ltdl.h... no
checking where to find libltdl headers... -I${top_srcdir}/libltdl
checking where to find libltdl library... ${top_build_prefix}libltdl/libltdlc.la
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for dl.h... yes
checking for sys/dl.h... no
checking for dld.h... no
checking for mach-o/dyld.h... no
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for closedir... yes
checking for opendir... yes
checking for readdir... yes
checking for strlcat... no
checking for strlcpy... no
checking for shared lib extension... .sl
checking for iconv... no, consider installing GNU libiconv
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for readline in -lreadline ... no
checking for readline in -lreadline -lcurses ... no
checking Are we using ini caching ... yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking size of long... 4
checking if platform is 64 bit... No
checking for long long... yes
checking size of long int... 4
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for strtol... yes
checking for atoll... no
checking for strtoll... no
checking for endpwent... yes
checking for gettimeofday... yes
checking for ftime... yes
checking for time... yes
checking for stricmp... no
checking for strnicmp... no
checking if os is AIX ... no - enable check for libthread
checking for mutex_lock in -lthread ... no
checking for pthread_mutex_lock in -lpthread... yes
checking if compiler accepts -pthread... yes
checking for localtime_r in -lc... yes
checking for ftok... yes
checking for semget... yes
checking for shmget... yes
checking for semop... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for semundo union... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking malloc.h usability... yes
checking malloc.h presence... yes
checking for malloc.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking pwd.h usability... yes
checking pwd.h presence... yes
checking for pwd.h... yes
checking crypt.h usability... yes
checking crypt.h presence... yes
checking for crypt.h... yes
checking limits.h usability... yes
checking limits.h presence... yes
checking for limits.h... yes
checking synch.h usability... yes
checking synch.h presence... yes
checking for synch.h... yes
checking for strings.h... (cached) yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking locale.h usability... yes
checking locale.h presence... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking sys/malloc.h usability... yes
checking sys/malloc.h presence... yes
checking for sys/malloc.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yes
checking stdarg.h usability... yes
checking stdarg.h presence... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking varargs.h usability... no
checking varargs.h presence... no
checking for varargs.h... no
checking for sys/time.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/timeb.h usability... yes
checking sys/timeb.h presence... yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking time.h usability... yes
checking time.h presence... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking msql.h usability... no
checking msql.h presence... no
checking for msql.h... no
checking for size_t... yes
checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for library containing opendir... none required
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for socket... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strstr... yes
checking for setenv... no
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for strchr... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating extras/Makefile
config.status: creating log/Makefile
config.status: creating lst/Makefile
config.status: creating ini/Makefile
config.status: creating odbcinst/Makefile
config.status: creating cur/Makefile
config.status: creating DriverManager/Makefile
config.status: creating exe/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg1/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg2/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/PostgreSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/esoob/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/oplodbc/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/template/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/tds/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/txt/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Oracle/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/sapdb/Makefile
config.status: creating DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/Postgre7.1/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/nn/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/template/Makefile
config.status: creating Drivers/MiniSQL/Makefile
config.status: creating include/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/AdministratorManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Tutorial/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/UserManual/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/lst/Makefile
config.status: creating samples/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing libtool commands
=== configuring in libltdl (/unixodbc/unixODBC-2.3.0/libltdl)
configure: running /bin/sh ./configure --disable-option-checking
'--prefix=/unixodbc'  'CC=gcc' '--enable-ltdl-convenience'
--cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
[...]
[...]