[unixODBC-support] SQLGetPrivateProfileString()

Davies Matt J A (LCSS) mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 10:32:30 BST 2011

Hello everyone

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post, I'm working my way
through the problem with the driver author.

Can anyone confirm that SQLGetPrivateProfileString() works with unixODBC
2.2.11 on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit server
Linux 32bit 2.6.32-32-generic-pae #62-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 20 22:10:33 UTC
2011 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm having trouble getting a third party driver to run and we seem to be
having a problem even sending a connection attempt to the RemoteHost, the
driver use SQLGetPrivateProfileString().

I found this on the web, and noticed that the same thing happens on my
server, described above.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unixodbc/+bug/298870

Firstly, I was wondering if they are connected, and also if that is indeed
a big, and if it is, has it been fixed?

Here's the stuff we get back

Isql -v DSNNAME USERNAME PASSWORD
[S0000][unixODBC][Sassafras][KeyServer ODBC Driver][ISAM]Connection error
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Any help, greatly appreciated as always.