[unixODBC-support] Connection woes

Davies Matt J A (LCSS) mjdavies at glam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 14:41:26 BST 2011

Hello there

I'm on ubuntu 10.04 32bit, and have installed odbc like so

sudo aptitude install odbc

Here's the contents of some important files

vi /etc/odbcinst.ini

[ksodbc]
Description = Sassafras Keyserver Database
Driver = /usr/lib/libksodbc.so
UsageCount = 1

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = sql.log
ForceTrace = Yes

vi /etc/odbc.ini
[ksdsn]
Driver = /usr/lib/libksodbc.so
Description = foobar
RemoteHost = [IP or remote host]

I'm then trying to connect like so from the command prompt

>isql -v ksdsn USERNAME PASSWORD

I get this back from the terminal

S0000][unixODBC][Sassafras][KeyServer ODBC Driver][ISAM]Connection error
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

And I've pasted the output of the sql.log file below.

I'm googling around trying to find out what the issue is but I'm not
having any luck so far.

Can someone have a look at that trace for me and suggest any ideas on how
to get this to work?

[ODBC][5464][__handles.c][444]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Environment = 0x8f143f8
[ODBC][5464][SQLAllocHandle.c][345]
                Entry:
                        Handle Type = 2
                        Input Handle = 0x8f143f8
[ODBC][5464][SQLAllocHandle.c][463]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Output Handle = 0x8f14988
[ODBC][5464][SQLConnect.c][3549]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x8f14988
                        Server Name = [ksdsn][length = 5 (SQL_NTS)]
                        User Name = [PHSIGNUP][length = 8 (SQL_NTS)]
                        Authentication = [*******][length = 7 (SQL_NTS)]
                UNICODE Using encoding ASCII 'ISO8859-1' and UNICODE
'UCS-2LE'

                DIAG [S0000] [Sassafras][KeyServer ODBC
Driver][ISAM]Connection error

[ODBC][5464][SQLConnect.c][3917]
                Exit:[SQL_ERROR]
[ODBC][5464][SQLError.c][424]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x8f14988
                        SQLState = 0xbff59252
                        Native = 0xbff59054
                        Message Text = 0xbff5905d
                        Buffer Length = 500
                        Text Len Ptr = 0xbff5905a
[ODBC][5464][SQLError.c][461]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        SQLState = S0000
                        Native = 0xbff59054 -> 102
                        Message Text = [[unixODBC][Sassafras][KeyServer
ODBC Driver][ISAM]Connection error]
[ODBC][5464][SQLError.c][424]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 0x8f14988