[unixODBC-support] ODBC Installation issue

Martin J. Evans bohica at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 9 07:03:21 BST 2011

On 08/07/2011 20:05, sahayam packiaraj wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> We are able to pass the first huddle but after executing the first command.
>
> We tried the second command and it failed with this error.
>
> Do you have any thoughts over it?
>

> india>#make
> No suffix list.
> make all-recursive
> No suffix list.
> Making all in extras
> source='strcasecmp.c' object='strcasecmp.lo' libtool=yes \
> DEPDIR=.deps depmode=hp /bin/sh ../libltdl/config/depcomp \
> /bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
> -I../include -c -o strcasecmp.lo strcasecmp.c
> libtool: compile: cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I../include -c
> strcasecmp.c -Wp,-M.deps/strcasecmp.TPlo -o .libs/strcasecmp.o
> (Bundled) cc: "strcasecmp.c", line 59: error 1705: Function prototypes
> are an ANSI feature.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error exit code 1

I have not been following this thread from the start but I'm fairly sure
you need an ANSI C compiler. Your compiler (Bundled) cc looks as though
it is not an ANSI C compiler and perhaps a cut down one that comes with
HP-UX instead of the ANSI C compiler you usually need to pay HP for.

Have you ever compiled any open source software on this machine with
this compiler - I doubt it. You'll need to get the proper compiler from
HP or install an open source one like gcc.

Martin

> Thanks & Regards,
> Sahayam.J

Martin J. Evans