[unixODBC-support] Adding a static library to Drivers/template?

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Fri Feb 18 21:54:19 GMT 2011

On 18/02/2011 21:03, Eric Davies wrote:
> I'm trying to implement a new ODBC driver by using the
> Drivers/template example files. My new code will rely on a library I
> wrote for another project. *How do I get it linked into the new
> driver's shared library?
>
> *It appears that the Makefile and Makefile.in is reconstructed from
> the Makefile.am file, precluding just modifying the Makefile. The
> libtemplate.la appears to be built from the config.status file. I'm an
> experienced C programmer but my Makefiles tend to be rather
> straightforward.

Hi

I would start from scratch with the makefile. The one in unixOdbc is
tied up with autoconf tools. Even if you intend to use autoconf with
your driver it will need to start from scratch.

I wold start with the template .c and .h files and build a makefile from
than, then add your libs with a normal -lyourlib entry.