[unixODBC-support] Adding a static library to Drivers/template?

Eric Davies eric at barrodale.com
Fri Feb 18 21:03:52 GMT 2011

I'm trying to implement a new ODBC driver by using the
Drivers/template example files. My new code will rely on a library I
wrote for another project. How do I get it linked into the new
driver's shared library?

It appears that the Makefile and Makefile.in is reconstructed from
the Makefile.am file, precluding just modifying the Makefile. The
libtemplate.la appears to be built from the config.status file. I'm
an experienced C programmer but my Makefiles tend to be rather straightforward.

Thank you,

Eric.

Eric Davies, M.Sc.
Senior Programmer Analyst