[unixODBC-support] SQL_C_ULONG size on ppc64 platform

Phil Sanders ppjsand at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 1 19:01:57 BST 2011

I am debugging  an application that is running on an Red Hat 6 ppc64
distribution. It is attempting to insert and fetch data using a c long
type value and using the corresponding SQL type SQL_C_LONG.

It appears that unixODBC assumes that an SQL_C_LONG is only a 32-bit value
based on what is seen in the variable/tables after reading or writing the
value.  That causes the data to be garbled. If I change it to an
SQL_C_SBIGINT or read/write into an int32_t, everything is fine.

I am trying to decide if unixODBC is compiled correctly for this
environment or if somewhere it states that SQL_C_LONG types are always
only 4 bytes in size.  Any guidance or help would be appreciated

- Phil