[unixODBC-support] How to connect from ACT! to remote MySQL?

Jim Rice jmrice6640 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 22:28:52 BST 2011

Greetings, new to the list.
This may sound like a dumb question (and probably is)...

I am trying to connect from a Windows 2008 Server running ACT! to a remote
CentOS server MySQL db.
I have installed mysql-connector-odbc and unixODBC,
and tested with isql successfully.  So, I think I am close...

However, when I run from ACT!, I am receiving an exception:

ERROR [IM002][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and
no default driver specified

Which to me looks like it is trying to use a local driver on the Windows
server side, rather than connecting remotely.

Here's the dumb question: Do I need to install a driver on the Windows
server first before it can connect remotely?

I can provide any of the details, but am I missing something fundamental
here?

Thanks!

Jim