[unixODBC-support] Error connecting to mssql

Robert Young ryoung at medicalpharmacies.com
Wed Apr 13 20:05:11 BST 2011

I set up unixODBC and FreeTDS as described in you manual and the isql -v
servername command gives me the following when trying to connect to the
server. I get a similar response when I use the FreeTDS sw by itself when
connecting.;

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

[01000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Adaptive Server connection failed

[01000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unexpected EOF from the server

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Note that the SQL server using Windows Auth and common groups to gain access
to the database.