[unixODBC-support] Text file drivers

Nahuel . punkie_rules at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:39:35 BST 2011

> Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:20:13 +0100
> From: nick at lurcher.org
> To: unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org
> Subject: Re: [unixODBC-support] Text file drivers
>
> On 05/04/2011 01:39, Peter Harvey wrote:
> > The plan was to create a separate project for the text driver but
> > there has not been much interest in the driver and hence - not much
> > motivation to create the project. I do not recall the details but its
> > possible that it has been removed (or disabled) in unixODBC with the
> > new project in mind.
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> Yep, but its still there in the 2.1.1 build. Can you send the output
> from configure, that may show why it didn;t build the driver.
>
> --
> Nick

Thanks for your comments!
Here's the output file for ./configure command....
root at ubuntu:/downloads/unixODBC-2.2.11# ./configure --enable-drivers --enable-fdb --enable-gui=no > cmd.txtchecking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -cchecking whether build environment is sane... yeschecking for gawk... nochecking for mawk... mawkchecking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yeschecking for gawk... (cached) mawkchecking for bison... nochecking for byacc... nochecking for gcc... gccchecking for C compiler default output file name... a.outchecking whether the C compiler works... yeschecking whether we are cross compiling... nochecking for suffix of executables... checking for suffix of object files... ochecking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... yeschecking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none neededchecking for style of include used by make... GNUchecking dependency style of gcc... gcc3checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -Echecking for flex... nochecking for lex... nochecking for yywrap in -lfl... nochecking for yywrap in -ll... nochecking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -cchecking whether ln -s works... yeschecking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yeschecking for egrep... grep -Echecking for ANSI C header files... yeschecking for sys/types.h... yeschecking for sys/stat.h... yeschecking for stdlib.h... yeschecking for string.h... yeschecking for memory.h... yeschecking for strings.h... yeschecking for inttypes.h... yeschecking for stdint.h... yeschecking for unistd.h... yeschecking sys/sem.h usability... yeschecking sys/sem.h presence... yeschecking for sys/sem.h... yeschecking Have we enabled using RTLD_GROUP ... yes checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ldchecking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yeschecking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -rchecking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -Bchecking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_allchecking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... okchecking dlfcn.h usability... yeschecking dlfcn.h presence... yeschecking for dlfcn.h... yeschecking for ranlib... ranlibchecking for strip... stripchecking for objdir... .libschecking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPICchecking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yeschecking if gcc static flag -static works... yeschecking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yeschecking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yeschecking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... nochecking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yeschecking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediatechecking whether stripping libraries is possible... yeschecking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.sochecking if libtool supports shared libraries... yeschecking whether to build shared libraries... yeschecking whether to build static libraries... nochecking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... nocreating libtoolchecking if we are using the included libltdl ... yes checking which extension is used for shared libraries... .sochecking for iconv... yeschecking for iconv declaration...          extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);checking for encoding to use for CHAR representations ... auto-search checking for encoding to use for UNICODE representations ... auto-search checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yeschecking for pow in -lm... yeschecking for readline in -lreadline ... nochecking for readline in -lreadline -lcurses ... nochecking Are we using flex ... no - text driver disabled checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yeschecking sys/time.h usability... yeschecking sys/time.h presence... yeschecking for sys/time.h... yeschecking for long... yeschecking size of long... 4checking if platform is 64 bit... No checking for long long... yeschecking for strcasecmp... yeschecking for strncasecmp... yeschecking for vsnprintf... yeschecking for strtol... yeschecking for atoll... yeschecking for strtoll... yeschecking for endpwent... yeschecking for mutex_lock in -lthread ... nochecking for pthread_mutex_lock in -lpthread... yeschecking if compiler accepts -pthread... yeschecking for localtime_r in -lc... yeschecking for ftok... yeschecking for semget... yeschecking for shmget... yeschecking for semop... yeschecking for snprintf... yeschecking for semundo union... yeschecking for socket in -lsocket... nochecking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yeschecking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yeschecking malloc.h usability... yeschecking malloc.h presence... yeschecking for malloc.h... yeschecking for unistd.h... (cached) yeschecking pwd.h usability... yeschecking pwd.h presence... yeschecking for pwd.h... yeschecking crypt.h usability... yeschecking crypt.h presence... yeschecking for crypt.h... yeschecking limits.h usability... yeschecking limits.h presence... yeschecking for limits.h... yeschecking synch.h usability... nochecking synch.h presence... nochecking for synch.h... nochecking for strings.h... (cached) yeschecking for string.h... (cached) yeschecking locale.h usability... yeschecking locale.h presence... yeschecking for locale.h... yeschecking sys/malloc.h usability... nochecking sys/malloc.h presence... nochecking for sys/malloc.h... nochecking for sys/types.h... (cached) yeschecking for sys/sem.h... (cached) yeschecking msql.h usability... nochecking msql.h presence... nochecking for msql.h... nochecking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yeschecking for size_t... yeschecking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.hchecking for uid_t in sys/types.h... yeschecking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yeschecking for library containing opendir... none requiredchecking for working alloca.h... yeschecking for alloca... yeschecking for vprintf... yeschecking for _doprnt... nochecking for putenv... yeschecking for socket... yeschecking for strdup... yeschecking for strstr... yeschecking for setenv... yeschecking for setlocale... yeschecking for strchr... yesconfigure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status: creating Makefileconfig.status: creating extras/Makefileconfig.status: creating log/Makefileconfig.status: creating lst/Makefileconfig.status: creating sqp/Makefileconfig.status: creating ini/Makefileconfig.status: creating odbcinst/Makefileconfig.status: creating cur/Makefileconfig.status: creating DriverManager/Makefileconfig.status: creating odbcinstQ/Makefileconfig.status: creating exe/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg1/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/drvcfg2/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/PostgreSQL/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/MiniSQL/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/MySQL/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/nn/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/esoob/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/oplodbc/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/template/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/tds/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/txt/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/Oracle/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/sapdb/Makefileconfig.status: creating DRVConfig/Mimer/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/PostgreSQL/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/Postgre7.1/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/nn/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/txt/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/txt/doc/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/odbc/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/template/Makefileconfig.status: creating Drivers/MiniSQL/Makefileconfig.status: creating include/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/AdministratorManual/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/ProgrammerManual/Tutorial/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/UserManual/Makefileconfig.status: creating doc/lst/Makefileconfig.status: creating DataManager/Makefileconfig.status: creating DataManagerII/Makefileconfig.status: creating ODBCConfig/Makefileconfig.status: creating odbctest/Makefileconfig.status: creating autotest/Makefileconfig.status: creating samples/Makefileconfig.status: executing depfiles commandsconfigure: configuring in libltdlconfigure: running /bin/bash './configure' --prefix=/usr/local  '--enable-drivers' '--enable-fdb' '--enable-gui=no' --enable-ltdl-convenience --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -cchecking whether build environment is sane... yeschecking for gawk... nochecking for mawk... mawkchecking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yeschecking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... nochecking for gcc... gccchecking for C compiler default output... a.outchecking whether the C compiler works... yeschecking whether we are cross compiling... nochecking for suffix of executables... checking for suffix of object files... ochecking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yeschecking whether gcc accepts -g... yeschecking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none neededchecking for style of include used by make... GNUchecking dependency style of gcc... gcc3checking for an ANSI C-conforming const... yeschecking for inline... inlinechecking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuchecking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ldchecking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yeschecking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -rchecking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -Bchecking whether ln -s works... yeschecking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_allchecking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... okchecking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -Echecking for egrep... grep -Echecking for ANSI C header files... yeschecking for sys/types.h... yeschecking for sys/stat.h... yeschecking for stdlib.h... yeschecking for string.h... yeschecking for memory.h... yeschecking for strings.h... yeschecking for inttypes.h... yeschecking for stdint.h... yeschecking for unistd.h... yeschecking dlfcn.h usability... yeschecking dlfcn.h presence... yeschecking for dlfcn.h... yeschecking for ranlib... ranlibchecking for strip... stripchecking for objdir... .libschecking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPICchecking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yeschecking if gcc static flag -static works... yeschecking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yeschecking if gcc supports -c -o file.lo... yeschecking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yeschecking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yeschecking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediatechecking whether stripping libraries is possible... yeschecking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.sochecking if libtool supports shared libraries... yeschecking whether to build shared libraries... yeschecking whether to build static libraries... yeschecking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... nocreating libtoolchecking Have we enabled using RTDL_GROUP ... yes checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yeschecking for library containing opendir... none requiredchecking whether gcc supports assert without backlinking... checking which extension is used for shared libraries... .sochecking which variable specifies run-time library path... LD_LIBRARY_PATHchecking for the default library search path... /lib /usr/libchecking for objdir... .libschecking whether libtool supports -dlopen/-dlpreopen... yeschecking for dlopen in -ldl... yeschecking for shl_load... nochecking for shl_load in -ldld... nochecking for dld_link in -ldld... nochecking for dlerror... yeschecking for _ prefix in compiled symbols... nochecking whether deplibs are loaded by dlopen... yeschecking argz.h usability... yeschecking argz.h presence... yeschecking for argz.h... yeschecking for error_t... yeschecking for argz_append... yeschecking for argz_create_sep... yeschecking for argz_insert... yeschecking for argz_next... yeschecking for argz_stringify... yeschecking errno.h usability... yeschecking errno.h presence... yeschecking for errno.h... yeschecking malloc.h usability... yeschecking malloc.h presence... yeschecking for malloc.h... yeschecking for memory.h... (cached) yeschecking for stdlib.h... (cached) yeschecking stdio.h usability... yeschecking stdio.h presence... yeschecking for stdio.h... yeschecking ctype.h usability... yeschecking ctype.h presence... yeschecking for ctype.h... yeschecking for unistd.h... (cached) yeschecking dl.h usability... nochecking dl.h presence... nochecking for dl.h... nochecking sys/dl.h usability... nochecking sys/dl.h presence... nochecking for sys/dl.h... nochecking dld.h usability... nochecking dld.h presence... nochecking for dld.h... nochecking for string.h... (cached) yeschecking for strchr... yeschecking for strrchr... yeschecking for memcpy... yeschecking for memmove... yeschecking for strcmp... yesconfigure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status: creating Makefileconfig.status: creating config.hconfig.status: config.h is unchangedconfig.status: executing depfiles commands

I hope this may help... Any idea or any other suggestion to resolve this requirement may be welcome.
Nahuel