[unixODBC-support] Huge problems connecting to a DB2 database.

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Sat Sep 18 19:21:13 BST 2010

  On 18/09/2010 19:05, Nicklas Börjesson wrote:
> Hi,
> Well, it works to connect via IBM Data Studio, which (being a plugin to eclipse) uses JDBC.
> Anyway, it seems like it breaks before connecting. I have tried changing the server to something that doesn't exists, which did not affect anything.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but the error message means that it for some reason can't find the DB2 instance definition, doesn't it?

Wat it means is that the driver manager has loaded the library,
extracted the enrty points and called SQLAllocHandle( ENV)  and
thatreturns a error.

You may have said what platform you are on, but do you have anything
like strace to see whats going on under the hood, it may be a missing lib.

I don;t know if it still exists but DB2 used to come with a command line
tool db2 that used the same libs as the ODBC driver to connect. I would
guess the JDBC driver goes a entirely different path.