[unixODBC-support] SQLSetStmtAttr Question

Robert Forstrom robert.forstrom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 20:57:14 BST 2010

Hello,

I am using unixODBC-2.3.0, mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7 and MySQL server
5.1.46.  I am trying to use the SQLSetStmtAttr function to have the
SQLExecDirect return after the timeout I set.  I've checked my trace file
and; Attribute =  SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT and the Value = 0x6.

When I run the SQLExecDirect and disable my network interface the query
hangs indefinitely, and the timeout seems to be ignored.  When I re-enable
my interface the SQLExecDirect completes.  This is the same behavior when
using the isql command line options.

I've also checked SQLSetStmtAttr.c and could not find any mention of the
SQL_ATTR_QUERY_TIMEOUT attribute.

Any ideas on how to actually set the timeout for each query?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you