[unixODBC-support] Library issue on Solaris and Oracle 11g

Jones, Tyrone TJones at l1id.com
Thu Oct 7 21:09:40 BST 2010

Thanks for the quick response. It did turn out that another library (libclntsh.so.11.1) was not found.
Once corrected, ldd showed that the 32bit version of that library had been built instead of the 64 bit.
After rebuilding everything for 64bit and adjusting some odbc.ini parameters isql worked!
So thanks!
The original application we have crashes now however as it uses a Data Direct odbc driver. Apparently a clean/simple switch is not possible. I'm now off to look into what the differences are or what is causing the crash. [The main goal is to switch from Data direct)

Regards,
Tyrone