[unixODBC-support] unixodbc on osx

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Oct 4 23:19:13 BST 2010

  On 04/10/2010 22:32, Joshua Shaffner wrote:
> tsql works okay.
>
> isql does not work.
>
> I have burned a full day trying to get isql to work just so that I can
> use apps on top of unixodbc. Yes, I did google but to no luck. :(
>
> cheers, joshua
>
> $ isql -v TEST user pwd
> [S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Hi

from that error, unixODBC is working, its loading the driver (you can
see that as the error is from the driver entry in the message). I thin
normally freeTDS problems like this are down to the ini file and freetds
file setup. the FreeTDS folk are the ones to ask now.
> $ cat freetds.conf
> [global
>    host = 10.0.1.12
>    port = 4321
>    tds version = 7.0
>    text size = 262144
>    client charset = UTF-8]

Is that closing bracket meant to be there?