[unixODBC-support] trouble with mysql driver on mono

James Smith james.smith at aleph-one.com
Sat May 15 15:44:56 BST 2010

Nick, Martin,

>That's all the thoughts I have bar installing Mono and MySQL myself and
>I've no inclination or time to do either.

I know exactly how you feel! I've read your suggestions carefully and
decided the best approach would be to try another connection method. I've
swapped over to Connector/NET, therefore, and after a few problems compiling
the binaries I've gotten the site to work:

http://www.jaspermusicstore.com/asp/jms/main.aspx?page=home

The amount of time I've spent on Mono in the last year adds up to at least a
fortnight. Comparing this to the installation of the other platforms, which
often took only minutes, tells a sorry story about Mono, I think.

Many thanks for all your patience and helpful suggestions.

Kind regards,

James