[unixODBC-support] trouble with mysql driver on mono

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed May 12 13:35:14 BST 2010

James Smith wrote:

> Whether this has anything to do with the fact that the test program
> doesn’t appear to open the ‘odbcinst.ini’ file at any point I don’t know.

With respect, I don't think you are looking hard enough at the logs you
sent. In both cases the socket opens, and is written, but a clue can be
seen in what comes back.

"[pid 9291] 10:28:30.953245 read(3, "E\0\0\2\377\25\4#28000Access denied
for u"..., 16384) = 73"

Looks to me like the MySQL driver isn't sending the correct user and or
password down. I would check the server logs to see what its sending,
but that looks to me like the problem you are having.

You can also increase the size of the buffer that strace displays to see
more of that message.

"-s strsize Specify the maximum string size to print (the default is
32). Note that filenames are not considered strings and are always
printed in full."