[unixODBC-support] Datamanager does not show tables in DB

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Sat May 8 16:55:27 BST 2010

proxy .139 wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Postgres DB with about 15 tables which was created by
> importing a dump from production DB.
> I added the DSN for this DB through ODBCCONFIG GUI tool.
> Connection test through isql is successful for this DB.
> I am able to run regular queries and see the tables on the postgres
> prompt as well as isql prompt, but Datamanager does not show any of my
> tables.
DataManager is out of date. I am working on a new version in the
unixODBC-GUI-Qt project... so this may not be a good test at the moment.
> I am trying to sync 2 DB's thourgh an external tool ( sqlsync
> http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/134127 ), this tool is also not able
> to find any of the tables in the DB.

Perhaps log the calls by turning on ODBC trace (see ODBCConfig). It
would be interesting to see the difference in the calls between programs
that work and those that do not.

--
Peter