[unixODBC-support] ODBC TIMING-OUT ISSUE

Martin Evans martin.evans at easysoft.com
Thu Mar 25 16:32:16 GMT 2010

Peter Harvey wrote:
> I was suggesting altering the code/program which is accessing the data. If you
> do not have access to or an ability to change the code than you can ignore my
> comment :)
>
> --
> Peter

I'm not sure that is quite correct now Peter. There is a way to add
environment attributes and connection attributes into the odbc.ini.
Something like:

DMConnAttr = CONNECTION_ATTRIBUTE=value

See
http://www.easysoft.com/developer/interfaces/odbc/linux.html#env_unixodbc

Of course, you need to ascertain if you really want connection timeout
or query timeout.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited

> On Thursday 25 March 2010 07:50:05 am Lazghab Souheil wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Thank you for  your help. I am wondering which file this
>>  SQLSetConnectionAttr should be located to? Is it in the default
>>  configuration file .odbc.ini? -----------------
>> [OracleODBC-10g]
>> Application Attributes = T
>> Attributes = W
>> BatchAutocommitMode = IfAllSuccessful
>> BindAsFLOAT = F
>> CloseCursor = F
>> DisableDPM = F
>> DisableMTS = T
>> Driver = Oracle 10g ODBC driver
>> DSN = OracleODBC-10g
>> EXECSchemaOpt =
>> EXECSyntax = T
>> Failover = T
>> FailoverDelay = 10
>> FailoverRetryCount = 10
>> FetchBufferSize = 128000
>> ForceWCHAR = F
>> Lobs = T
>> Longs = T
>> MetadataIdDefault = F
>> QueryTimeout = T
>> ResultSets = T
>> ServerName = fd10mf
>> SQLGetData extensions = F
>> Translation DLL =
>> Translation Option = 0
>> DisableRULEHint = T
>> UserID =
>>

>> Best Regards
>> Souheil Lazghab
>> System Consultant
>>
>> EDB Business Partner Norge AS
>> Telefon: 22 52 80 80, Mobile: +47 90 69 66 40
>> E-post: Souheil.Lazghab at edb.com
>> www.edb.com
>>
>> "EDB - En sterk og nær IT-partner

>>> [INTERBASE-P]
>>> Description = Easysoft Driver for Interbase
>>> Driver = /usr/local/lib/libib6odbc.so
>>> Setup = /usr/local/lib/libib6odbcS.so
>>> FileUsage = 1
>>> DontDLClose = 1
>>> CPTimeout = 120
>>> [INTERBASE]