[unixODBC-support] isql connection to Oracle not returning all rows...

Joe O jjo_chicago at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 13:35:30 GMT 2010

I am running CentOS release 5.3. This is the 64 bit version.

I have installed unix-odbc version unixODBC-2.2.12, and configured it (odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini).

I've got the 11.1 Oracle instant client installed, and configured (and all the environment variables set).

I am trying to hit the database via unixODBC's isql application. isql starts up and connects to my data source fine.

When I run a select statement against any table, I only get one row of data, followed by blanks for the rest of the rows.

ODBC trace is turned on, no errors in the trace file.

[ruser at vsrv06 ~]$ isql -v OracleLocal parts parts
| Connected!                            |
| sql-statement                         |
| help [tablename]                      |
| quit                                  |
SQL> select distinct segment from parts
| SEGMENT                                 |
| BTS                                     |

SQLRowCount returns -1
7 rows fetched
SQL>

It fetched 7 rows, only displayed the first. I expect 6 more rows of data.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Same behaviour no matter the table or query.

isql returns proper row counts, if I do a 'select count(*) from <table>'

Oracle's sqlplus returns data for all the rows fine, so I suspect it is not an Oracle issue.