[unixODBC-support] Can't connect to MSSQL

Paul Green PLG at barton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 13:27:18 BST 2010

Hello,

This may be a very simple problem, but I've googled a lot and not found the solution yet.

We have unixODBC working on a SUSE server and connecting to a SQL Server database on another server.

I'm trying to connect to another SQL Server, on another server and it doesn't work.  Windows ODBC connects to this second database fine, and both ping and telnet IP 1433 work on the Linux machine, but isql and tsql give "can't connect" type errors.

Could it be because the 2nd SQL Server is SQL Server 2005?  I've tried changing the TDS version using ODBCConfig, but that didn't work.

Help!

Paul Green

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain confidential or sensitive information.
The contents are not to be disclosed to any one other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise us of any errors in transmission.

Barton Peveril College reserves the right to monitor emails as defined in current legislation,
and regards this notice to you as notification of such a possibility.