[unixODBC-support] SQLFetch without bound columns?

William Shallum loumz at loumz.com
Wed Jun 2 17:32:09 BST 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:

> What driver is this with?
>
> Ahh, I suspect you will be using the cursor lib, and that does require
> columns to be bound (as does the MS version, thought the cursor lib is not a
> part of ODBC now on Windows).

Hi Nick,

I'm playing around with the FreeTDS ODBC driver on CentOS (via PHP,
not C). It looks like the message is from the unixODBC cursor library.
I must admit to being ignorant as to how this cursor library works,
but from the MS docs it seems that the cursor library is used because
the driver (FreeTDS in this case) lacks SQLFetchScroll, so it is
emulated by the cursor library? Is that how it works?