[unixODBC-support] [QUAR] Re: Problem trying to MSSQL from an ORACLE database using ODBC

Pomerleau, Catrina M cpomerleau at sjfc.edu
Tue Jul 27 21:27:48 BST 2010

Thank you for your reply.

I am able to successfully telnet into the port.

I did try replacing the odbc.ini with the info you provided (substituting our data source name, servername and instance) and I get an error that I "Could not SQLConnect" from isql.  The error using the dblink is:

select count(*) from accounts at r25_pprd
                              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this message:
[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to
connect to data source (SQL State: S1000; SQL Code: 0)
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from R25_PPRD

Catrina M. Pomerleau  |  Sr. Database Administrator
Office of Information Technology
St. John Fisher College
585-899-3760 | cpomerleau at sjfc.edu