[unixODBC-support] Problem trying to MSSQL from an ORACLE database using ODBC

Pomerleau, Catrina M cpomerleau at sjfc.edu
Tue Jul 27 20:52:55 BST 2010

Can anyone help with this...

I am trying to set up an ODBC connection between an Oracle 10g database
on a Solaris 10 box and MSSQL Server database on a windows box.  Our
processing must occur on the Solaris box.

I have installed freeTDS and successfully connected to the MSSQL
database using tsql.  I have installed unixODBC, but have not been able
to connect using isql.  I get the following error:

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I have also successfully created my dblink in the Oracle database and
get the following error when I try to run a simple select: (when I
created the dblink, the userid was lowercase r25admin)

SQL> select count(*) from accounts at r25_pprd;

select count(*) from accounts at r25_pprd

                              *

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
message:

[Generic Connectivity Using ODBC][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable

connect to data source[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login failed for
user

'R25ADMIN'. (SQL State: S1000; SQL Code: 0)

ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from R25_PPRD

Here are the contents of my odbc.ini:

[ODBC Data Sources]

r25_pprd = MS SQL Server

[r25_pprd]

Driver          = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Setup           = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Description     = MS SQL Server

LogonID         = r25admin

Password        = [password]

TraceFile       = /export/home/oracle/ODBC/odbc.trace

Server          = w2k3sql2005t

QuoteID         = No

AnsiNPW         = No

Database        = r25_pprd

Port            = 1433

TDS_Version     = 8.0

[Default]

Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Here are the contents of my odbcinst.ini:

[TDS]

Description = FreeTDS driver

Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Setup = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so

Trace = Yes

TraceFile = /tmp/freetds.log

FileUsage = 1

Thanks!

Catrina M. Pomerleau  |  Sr. Database Administrator

Office of Information Technology

St. John Fisher College

585-899-3760 | cpomerleau at sjfc.edu <mailto:cpomerleau at sjfc.edu>