[unixODBC-support] unixODBC / RODBC Trouble

Michael Wesolowski michael.wesolowski at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 03:22:01 BST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to get RODBC setup, and the trouble is that a connection can't be
established because my odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini files are not being read
correctly. I know I have the right template and I've filled in the driver
paths right (and that the driver .so files have their execute bits set).

When I use ODBCConfig to try and sort it out, I get yet another error in my
terminal:
Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are
supported

The GUI still pops up, but when I try to create a DSN, I get an error:
could not construct property list for (PostgreSQL)

I'm using libodbcpsql.so for both the driver and setup fields.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MW