[unixODBC-support] I need unixODBC 64bit version

Tacho tachoymu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 22:42:17 BST 2010

Nick,

I have applied your suggestion, but configuration file is not able to
compile a test *.c file, as shown highlighted below.

# export OBJECT_MODE=64
# export CFLAGS=
# ./configure --prefix=/u02/local --enable-gui=no
checking for a BSD-compatible install... libltdl/config/install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... libltdl/config/install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gawk... (cached) nawk
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
*configure: error: in `/u02/local/unixodbc':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables*
See `config.log' for more details.

if you set the flag -maix64 to CFLAGS env variable, configuration is able to
make a compilation test as well as check 64bit platform successfully as you
can see below:

checking size of long... 8
checking if platform is 64 bit... Yes
checking for long long... yes
checking size of long int... 8

but when I run a test with isql command, the following error is thrown:

# isql
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program isql because of the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libodbc.a(libodbc.so.1)
could not be loaded.
        0509-103   The module has an invalid magic number.

Hope you can shade some light on it.

Thanks and regards.