[unixODBC-support] Unsatisfied code symbol libiconv_open in load module /opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl.

Wisnu Aji mokie.id at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:07:53 BST 2010

Nick Gorham-2 wrote:

> Wisnu Aji wrote:
>> ya it build using ...
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/odbc --enable-gui=no
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> first off all it build using cc, but then the lib build *.a file, and
>> when
>> running the pgm it returns driver not found.
>> OpenESQL Error: Unable to load ODBC Driver/Driver Manager. Ensure that
>> your
>> database environment is set correctly.
>> When testing using isql, can select the data, but when tryin to run a pgm
>> it
>> came with that error.
>>
>> Then i install gcc, delete the /opt/odbc folder and make the odbc again
>> using gcc. But now it returns error as mentioned above.
>>

> I am getting a bit confused now, you say you built it with cc, and it
> worked with isql but not with some other program you are using. Then
> building again with gcc it gives the missing sym error?
>
> I would guess there is a conflict between the gcc built libs and the
> driver. If I was you I would go back to the cc built one, that at least
> works with isql, then try and track down why your app doesn't like it.
>
> It may be that the app expects the .so to be extracted from the .a (I am
> assuming AIX as you mention building .a).
>
> --
> Nick

As mentioned in the first message, build using gcc also can do isql and
select data from the DB2.
So both build (using cc and gcc) can do isql and select data from the DB2.
Just the error message is different, as mentioned above.

The server currently using is HP-UX 11.31

If build using cc the libodbc lib look like this
libodbc.la
libodbc.a
Can select data using isql.
But when running our pgm ->
[DEV at CWOPR] /disc2/CW/ISS/CWJCL >> JR70053
OpenESQL Error: Unable to load ODBC Driver/Driver Manager. Ensure that your
database environment is set correctly.
strtJob

If build using gcc the libodbc lib look like this
libodbc.la
libodbc.sl
libodbc.sl.1
libodbc.sl.1.0
Can select data using isql.
[DEV at CWOPR] /disc2/CW/ISS/CWJCL >> JR70053
/usr/lib/hpux32/dld.so: Unsatisfied code symbol 'libiconv_open' in load
module '/opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl'.
JR70053[3]: 5531 Killed

Our old development server is using HP-UX 11.23, and never encounter this
kinda problem.