[unixODBC-support] Unsatisfied code symbol libiconv_open in load module /opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl.

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Jul 19 15:45:47 BST 2010

Wisnu Aji wrote:
> ya it build using ...
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/odbc --enable-gui=no
> make
> make install
>
> first off all it build using cc, but then the lib build *.a file, and when
> running the pgm it returns driver not found.
> OpenESQL Error: Unable to load ODBC Driver/Driver Manager. Ensure that your
> database environment is set correctly.
> When testing using isql, can select the data, but when tryin to run a pgm it
> came with that error.
>
> Then i install gcc, delete the /opt/odbc folder and make the odbc again
> using gcc. But now it returns error as mentioned above.

I am getting a bit confused now, you say you built it with cc, and it
worked with isql but not with some other program you are using. Then
building again with gcc it gives the missing sym error?

I would guess there is a conflict between the gcc built libs and the
driver. If I was you I would go back to the cc built one, that at least
works with isql, then try and track down why your app doesn't like it.

It may be that the app expects the .so to be extracted from the .a (I am
assuming AIX as you mention building .a).