[unixODBC-support] Unsatisfied code symbol libiconv_open in load module /opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl.

Wisnu Aji mokie.id at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:39:45 BST 2010

Nick Gorham-2 wrote:

> Wisnu Aji wrote:
>>
>> Nick Gorham wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't think unixODBC uses that entry point, even if its built to use
>>> iconv. I can only assume its the driver you are using. (Assuming that
>>> /opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl is the lib built from unixODBC).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nick Gorham
>>> Easysoft Limited
>>>

>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> U mean DB2 driver?
>> Any detail suggestion perhaps to try fix this problem?
>> A patch maybe? or new configuration when installing the odbc driver
>> perhaps
>>
> I am not sure, just to check, is /opt/odbc/lib/libodbc.sl the lib build
> with unixODBC
>
> --
> Nick

ya it build using ...

./configure --prefix=/opt/odbc --enable-gui=no
make
make install

first off all it build using cc, but then the lib build *.a file, and when
running the pgm it returns driver not found.
OpenESQL Error: Unable to load ODBC Driver/Driver Manager. Ensure that your
database environment is set correctly.
When testing using isql, can select the data, but when tryin to run a pgm it
came with that error.

Then i install gcc, delete the /opt/odbc folder and make the odbc again
using gcc. But now it returns error as mentioned above.