[unixODBC-support] unixODBC configuration for Informix DB connection

Marshall_Hahn-Taylor at canb.uscourts.gov Marshall_Hahn-Taylor at canb.uscourts.gov
Thu Jan 28 17:47:19 GMT 2010

I apologize for the puzzlement.  After all I've done to get this working, I
couldn't remember
where isql came from - IBM's clientsdk or unixODBC.  I installed unixODBC
from source.
If there was a downloadable binary for it in Redhat, I probably would have
gone that route.

Thanks,

-mt

  From:       "win.a" <win.acc at gmail.com>

  To:         Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support at mailman.unixodbc.org>

  Date:       01/27/2010 05:28 PM

  Subject:    Re: [unixODBC-support] unixODBC configuration for Informix DB     connection

  Sent by:    unixodbc-support-bounces at mailman.unixodbc.org

You description really puzzled me !Did you install the unixodbc by
source code ,if true ,you'd got isql as a test tool which is compiled
from its source code.And we always use isql to test if the
configuration work well or not .If it's ok you can connect and do some
query ,if  not you've got error.And you can add -v to isql to show the
detail of the error.
Hopes useful for you!

All you best
------------------------
What we are struggling for ?
The life or the life ?

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 8:25 AM,
<Marshall_Hahn-Taylor at canb.uscourts.gov> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've gotten a connection working between one host and a database server
> using
> a tool from the IBM clientsdk for Informix called `isql'.  Brace
yourselves
> for
> a newbie question... b/c this connection is working, I'm assuming
unixODBC
> (v. 2.2.14)
> is working on my system, no?  I made myriad tweaks to my odbc.ini and
> sqlhosts file
> and I still feel like I don't really understand them.  They currently
look
> like:
>
> /etc/sqlhosts:
>
>  maindb                  onsoctcp        maindb          port_alias
>  main_shm                onsoctcp        maindb          port_alias
>  demo_se seipcpip        se_hostname     sqlexec
>
> Where port_alias is 7101 in /etc/services.
>
> /etc/odbc.ini:
>
>  [lots of seemingly unrelated stuff above this]
>  [ODBC]
>  IANAAppCodePage=4
>  InstallDir=/usr/local/bobje/bobje/enterprise115/linux_x86/odbc
>  Trace=1
>  TraceFile=odbctrace.out

TraceDll=/usr/local/bobje/bobje/enterprise115/linux_x86/odbc/lib/odbctrac.so

>  [Informix]

#Driver=/usr/local/bobje/bobje/enterprise115/linux_x86/odbc/lib/CRifcl23.so