[unixODBC-support] Oracle-ODBC Driver

Robert Forstrom robert.forstrom at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:59:31 GMT 2010

Hello all,

I am sorry if this is not the proper forum, but I am looking for an Oracle
ODBC driver that will interface with unixODBC.  I have successfully used
Easysoft's trial version (libesoracle.so) but would like to know if there is
a more long term solution.

I have downloaded Oracle 10.2.0.4's Instant Client Packages - Basic Lite and
ODBC.  The ODBC package provides a shared library named libsqora.so.10.1 .
Does anyone know if this will perform the same functions as Easysoft's
driver?  If not, what is this driver's purpose?

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks