[unixODBC-support] Problem building unixODBC 2.3 in HPUX 11.11

Kwok, Barney bkwok at cincom.com
Fri Aug 6 20:52:46 BST 2010

Hello,

After successfully running unixODBC 2.3.0 with DB2  in Fedora,  I am
trying to setup unixODBC in HPUX 11.11.

The 'make' process fails with the following error:

libtool: link: ranlib .libs/libinilc.a

libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/libinilc.lax

libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libinilc.la" && ln -s
"../libinilc.la" "li

binilc.la" )

Making all in libltdl

        /bin/sh
/mantis/home/bkwok/unixODBC-2.3.0/libltdl/config/install-sh -d .

        cp ./argz_.h argz.h-t

        mv argz.h-t argz.h

        cd . && /bin/sh
/mantis/home/bkwok/unixODBC-2.3.0/libltdl/config/missing

 --run autoconf

/usr/local/bin/m4: unrecognized option `--gnu'

Try `/usr/local/bin/m4 --help' for more information.

autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

I have installed autoconf, automake and libtool in HPUX before the build
process.  I am scratching my head about the error message.

There is also HPUX m4 program in /usr/bin directory.  I wonder if there
is some kind of conflict between HPUX and GNU m4. I am not really a UNIX
script person.  I'll be really appreciated if you can give suggestions /
pointers.

Many thanks in advance.

Barney Kwok