[unixODBC-support] unixodbc + samba + php + access mdb files

inittab inispam at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 06:32:10 BST 2010

Hello, I'm attempting to access an access database via php with a
unixodbc connection.

if I copy the mdb database over to the local filesystem I have no
issues and can query the database fine. But if I try to access it over
my samba mounted directory I get the following error:

Can't alloc filename
Unable to locate database /mnt/netops/20101.mdb

/mnt/netops was mounted with the following command:
mount -t cifs -o username=XXXXXXXXX,password=XXXXXXXX
//10.2.1.XX/NetOps /mnt/netops

I can read files off of the share fine, and can copy the database off
but it seems unixodbc cannot access the file.

root at laptop:~# file /mnt/netops/20101.mdb
/mnt/netops/20101.mdb: Microsoft Access Database

/etc/odbc.ini:
[NetOps]
Description = Netops Database
Driver = MDBToolsODBC