[unixODBC-support] odbcinst remove dsn command

sathiya dasan dasan.tmw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:36:27 BST 2010

Hi Nick,
           As you suggested i have used strace and found out that, command "
*odbcinst -u -s -l -n MSSQLTestServer*" is deleting the UserDSN not the
system DSN. I have added the details below.
          In that you can see that */root/.odbc.ini* is user_data sources
and so user dsn only keep changing not the system dsn.

/**************************************************************************************************
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# cat /root/.odbc.ini
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# odbcinst -i -s -h -f tds.dsn.template
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# cat /root/.odbc.ini
[MSSQLTestServer]
Driver        = MySQL
Description        = Northwind sample database
Trace        = No
Server        = 192.168.1.25
Port        = 1433
Database        = Northwind

root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# odbcinst -i -s -l -f tds.dsn.template
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# odbcinst -u -s -l -n MSSQLTestServer
odbcinst: DSN removed (if it existed at all). ODBC_BOTH_DSN was used as the
search path.
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# cat /root/.odbc.ini
root at sathiya:/home/sathiya# odbcinst -j
unixODBC 2.2.15pre
DRIVERS............: /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCES: /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
FILE DATA SOURCES..: /usr/local/etc/ODBCDataSources
USER DATA SOURCES..: /root/.odbc.ini
SQLULEN Size.......: 4
SQLLEN Size........: 4
SQLSETPOSIROW Size.: 2