[unixODBC-support] odbcinst remove dsn command

sathiya dasan dasan.tmw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 11:38:09 BST 2010

Hi,
    I have successfully added datasource name to /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
file using the command
"*odbcinst -i -s -l -f dsn.template*".
    Now am trying to remove datasourcename from system dsn by using the
command "*odbcinst -u -s -l -n dsnName*".
After executing the command, it throws the *output* as,
*odbcinst: DSN removed (if it existed at all). ODBC_BOTH_DSN was used as the
search path*.

    But the system DSN in /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini file is not removed. The
file is having write permission too. Dont know what to do to resolve this
problem. Please help me, if you have any solutions regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sathiyadasan.B