[unixODBC-support] domain login fails in isql but works with tsql

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Apr 15 15:13:16 BST 2010

Eric Robinson (erirobin) wrote:
> Nick,
>
> I don't feel there is any issue with FreeTDS and the connection works 3
> different ways(albeit all provided by FreeTDS):

Ok, with respect, you are free to have that feeling.
> 1) Bypassing freetds.conf via tsql and connecting directly to the db
> host like this:
> 	tsql -H <physical db host> -p 1433 -U <domain/userid>
> 2) Using tsql via the settings in freetds.conf
> 	tsql -S <freetds.conf entry> -p 1433 -U <domain/userid>
> 3) Using fisql via the settings in freetds.conf
> 	fisql -S <freetds.conf entry> -U <domain/userid>
>
> All of which are provided by freetds.
>
> I only get errors when accessing via UNIXodbc manager.

No, you only have that error when accessing via ODBC from what I can see.

The error you reported:

[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source

Shows clearly that the driver manager has located and loaded the FreeTDS
driver, and has passed the connection request to it, the error is
returned to the driver manager from the driver.