[unixODBC-support] compiling application on pSeries RHEL fails

Brant Knudson brantknudson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:55:31 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:
> Brant Knudson wrote:
>>
>> I downloaded unixODBC 2.2.14-p2 from the web site and was able to
>> cofigure, make and make install it. When I try to compile my
>> application I get this error:
>>

> There is a 2.2.15-pre on the ftp site, could you try that?
>
> --
> Nick

I downloaded 2.2.15pre and my application compiles.

This version exceeded my expectations in other ways. I've been trying
to figure out a problem where some functions were not returning
correct results when using DB2 9.7 through the  unixODBC shipped with
RHEL (2.2.11).
- SQLRowCount() were always returning 0 rows.
- SQLDescribeCol() was returning size of 0

With 2.2.15pre, these functions are returning the correct results. Are
these known problems in 2.2.11?

Thanks!

-- Brant Knudson