[unixODBC-support] unixodbc connection pooling how to take effect

w.h win.acc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 04:44:04 BST 2009

I checked my source code my app is single process.
Any more this is my odbc.ini is:
 [ODBC]
Trace = Yes
Trace File = /tmp/sql.log
Pooling = Yes

[test]
Description = Test to oracle
Driver = Oracle_DB
Trace = No
Database = //192.168.2.251:1521/pki
Servername = //192.168.2.251:1521/pki
UserName =
Password =
Port =
ReadOnly = No
RowVersioning = No
ShowSystemTables = No
ShowOidColumn = No
FakeOidIndex = No
ConnSettings =
threading = 0
DontDLClose = 1
CPTimeout = 120

the Driver = Oracle_DB is a variable which defined in the odbcinst.ini like
this :
 [Oracle_DB]
Description = Oracle Driver
Driver = /opt/instantclient_10_2/libsqora.so.10.1
Setup =
FileUsage = 1

And the common connection works well execption the connection pool ?If need
i'll post my test app source code!
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at lurcher.org> wrote:

> w.h wrote:
>
>> My unixodbc version is  2.2.14  and  oracle is 10.2.4 ,our applicaton
>> written in C++ runs on linux
>> followed the document :
>> http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/conn_pool.html <
>> http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/conn_pool.html>
>> Add the pooling parameter to the odbc.ini,as we compare the test results
>> with pooling and no pooling
>> resuts there's no difference.That shows the pool configuation takes no
>> effect .And my oracle driver was
>> downloaded from offical website whch version 10.2.1.0 .
>> i wana know if there's  any special configure needed to do or the oracle
>> odbc driver do no support.Anyone experenced suggesions thanks!
>>

>>  How does the application work? Pooling only has a advantage if the app
> makes repeated connections from a single process, connections are not shared
> between processes.
>
> --
> Nick

All you best !