[unixODBC-support] [IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

Ged Melia meliag at wwwebi.net
Fri Sep 18 13:11:49 BST 2009

Hi list

Over the past week, I have spent quite a lot of time reading other posts in
order to get my installation working.
Unfortunately, I seem to get to a similar point that other posters have
reached but still nothing.

I am trying to connect to a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 instance using Linux
(CentOS 4.8)
I have unixODBC and unixODBC-devel installed [1], and am using freetds-0.64.
I previously installed freeds-0.82 but this hadnt worked either and I had
read that people had had some success with this older version.

bash-3.00# cat /usr/local/etc/freetds.conf
[global]
        dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
        debug flags = 0xffff
        text size = 64512

[REMEDY]
        host = 192.168.5.250
        port = 1433
        tds version = 8.0

bash-3.00# cat /etc/odbc.ini
[REMEDY]
        Driver          = FreeTDS
        Description     = ODBC Connection via FreeTDS
        Trace           = Yes
        TraceFile       = /tmp/mstest.log
        Port            = 1433
        TDS Version     = 8.0
        Database        = master
        UID             = report
        Server          = remedy.internal

bash-3.00# cat /etc/odbcinst.ini
[PostgreSQL]
Description             = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver          = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage               = 1

[FreeTDS]
Description             = ODBC Connection via FreeTDS
Driver                  = /usr/local/lib64/libtdsodbc.so
Setup                   = /usr/lib64/libtdsS.so
Trace                   = Yes
ForceTrace              = Yes
TraceFile               = /tmp/freetds.log
FileUsage               = 1

If I use tsql, I can connect to the database
bash-3.00# !tsql
tsql -S REMEDY -U report
locale is "en_GB.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
Password:
1>

but isql fails
bash-3.00# isql -v REMEDY
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

I would really appreciate your advice on where to go from here.
Here's hoping
Ged

[1] bash-3.00# rpm -qa | grep unixODBC
unixODBC-2.2.11-1.RHEL4.1
unixODBC-devel-2.2.11-1.RHEL4.1

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by DFK Systems Limited, and is believed to be clean.
To report this message as spam, please click on this link - https://secure.dfk-systems.com/quarantine/spam.php?srv=01&id=n8ICBnqc003701