[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Fri Oct 30 00:05:54 GMT 2009

Hi Guys,

Well 10 days or so has now passed and I'm still having trouble.

I have double checked my Firebird install so many times and it is working
perfectly with Flamerobin (it wasn't before).  So that's a good start. At
the other end Perl is working perfectly and DBD::ODBC is installed, but for
obvious reasons, so far unproven.

Odbcinst -j gives me

DRIVERS /etc/odbcinst.ini
SYSTEM DATA SOURCE /etc/odbc.ini
USER DATA SOURCES /home/steve/.odbc.ini

Odbcinst -q -s gives me:

[END_DB]

and

Isql -v END_DB give me:
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager][Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Odbc.ini is

[END_DB]
 Description = Endoscopia Firebird ODBC
 Driver = Firebird
 Dbname = localhost:/home/steve/Documents/ENDOSCOPIA.FDB
 User = SYSDBA
 Password = masterkey
 Role =
 CharacterSet =
 ReadOnly = No
 NoWait = No

Odbcinst.ini is

[Firebird]
Description		= Firebird/InterBase(r) driver
Driver		= /usr/lib/unixODBC/libOdbcJdbc.so
Setup		= /usr/lib/unixODBC/libOdbcJdbcS.so
UsageCount		= 1
Threading = 1
FileUsage = 1
CPTimeout =
CPReuse =

[Firebird_ODBC]
Description		= InterBase/Firebird ODBC
Driver		= /usr/lib/odbc/libOdbcFb.so
Setup		= /usr/lib/odbc/libOdbcFb.so
UsageCount		= 1
CPTimeout		=
CPReuse		=

[ODBC]
FileDSNPath		= /home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy
System/Endoscopia/DB/

So where am I goping wrong?

Thanks very much for youre support.

Regards