[unixODBC-support] Antw: Re: unixODBC SLES / OpenSuSE Oracle ODBC

Keehan Mallon keehan_mallon at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 21:52:24 BST 2009

I am fully aware of the 32/64 bit ODBC Manager mess on 64-bit Windows.  It didn't help that they named them identically.

The unixODBC workaround I cited with the fix and some comments can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2260937&group_id=1544&atid=351544

I think we may need to go the 3rd party route going forward for 64-bit Oracle ODBC.  I think I would rather do that then roll back all the other work that we have done.

We use sqlplus as well, so I have always had the Oracle client installed, so that is what I am most familiar with.  If we use sqlplus (via the 64-bit Instant Client) is it best to use the EasySoft Oracle (OCI) driver?  What would be the business case for the more stand alone WP version?  Is it usually recommented when no native Oracle client is required?

Thanks,

Keehan