[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Tue Oct 20 01:25:07 BST 2009

> This gives:
>
> DRIVERS			:/etc/odbcinst.ini	(has the stuff I set up from
> ODBCConfig - which crashed)
> SYSTEM DATA RESOURCES	:/etc/odbc.ini		(empty)
> USER DATA SOURCES		:/home/steve/.odbc.ini	(does not exist)
>
> What do you think?
>
> It would seem I may have missed out a step.

Nope... just add the following to /etc/odbc.ini or /home/steve/.odbc.ini
and you should be on your way (from a unixODBC perspective).

[Firebird_Database_Driver]
Database = MyDb
Server = MyServer
Host = Sometimes Host is used instead of server
UID=

Again; if it fails - you should check with the Firebird folks for any
details of the above DSN which may be lacking or wrong.

Good luck!
Peter