[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Mon Oct 19 03:28:24 BST 2009

It may help if you show us;

$ odbcinst -j

> Now I run the Perl application in Komodo and get:
>
> Subroutine Wx::App::OnInit redefined at /home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy
> System/Endoscopia/i_Mage_1b008.pl line 5593.
> DBI connect('END_DB','',...) failed: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source
> name not found, and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002) at
> /home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy System/Endoscopia/i_Mage_1b008.pl line 49
> Can't connect ODBC[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and
> no default driver specified (SQL-IM002) at /home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy
> System/Endoscopia/i_Mage_1b008.pl line 49.

You appear to be getting a message back from the unixODBC Driver Manager
(DM). The message suggests that you are trying to connect (SQLConnect)
without a DSN or (more likley) the DSN does not exist in the unixODBC
system/config information.

What does the following show;

$ odbcinst -q -s
> How can I tell if it is rpm-based?
> And is this an install mechanism or a diagnostic one?

Ignore the rpm bit - you are using deb based.

--
Peter