[unixODBC-support] ODBC driver manager PATH

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Mon Oct 19 02:29:23 BST 2009

Hi Guys and thanks for your help.  I've spent most of today trying different
options and reinstalling.

I am trying to get a wxPerl-based application running and accessing a
Firebird-based database via DBD::ODBC and DBI.

In order to avoid overlapping installations I've pretty much started each
attempt with a reinstall of Kubuntu.

So my most recent (and successful) run to date has been:

1.Install Kubuntu 9.04
2.Activate drivers (Video Card).
3.Use KPackage to Download:
- libwx-perl-processstream-perl
- libwx-perl-dialog-perl
- libwx-perl
- libfbclient2
- firebird 2.1-classic					# There seems to be
an installation error message here, but the install is marked as successful.
- firebird 2.1-examples
- firebird 2.1-doc
- flamerobin - 0.9.0
- python-wxglade
- libdbd-odbc-perl
- Update outstanding updates.
5.sudo cp libOdbcFb.so /usr/lib/odbc		# Firebird Driver
6.sudo cp libOdbcFb.so /usr/lib/perl5/DBD		# Firebird Driver
7.Install Perl .pm Modules
- perl -MCPAN -e shell
- install CPAN
- reload cpan
-- o conf init
-- Make sure Build and make use sudo
- install FFmpeg::Command
- install Thread::State
8.Install Komodo

Now I run the Perl application in Komodo and get:

Subroutine Wx::App::OnInit redefined at /home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy
System/Endoscopia/i_Mage_1b008.pl line 5593.
DBI connect('END_DB','',...) failed: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source
name not found, and no default driver specified (SQL-IM002) at
/home/steve/Documents/Endoscopy System/Endoscopia/i_Mage_1b008.pl line 49
Can't connect ODBC[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and